Prices quoted are for tour guiding services from 1st March 2019 through to November 2019. (If are wishing to tour from November 2019 through to February 2020 please ask for a Winter Discounts rates Quotation)
My rates for guiding you are From £62.00 per hour. For example, for 2 people a full day of 9 hours would normally be £550.00 (slightly more for 3 & 4 persons)
1) I will always quote you a price. The touring price charged also includes arranging your tour, preparing the detailed written itinerary of your tour, all of the help, advice and dialogue that we may have had during the planning, and also providing printed itinerary sheets of your tour, with images, descriptions and names of villages, attractions and dates etc. for you to keep as a memento. These are usually 10-12 pages long. I am fully insured for up to 4 passengers. NB I will sometimes arrange tours for half days, however a minimum of 5 hours is recommended for a tour. In peak season for a 5 hour tour I charge from £375 and for a 6 hour tour from £425.
2) My prices do not include gratuities you may wish to give, or any of the entry price for any attractions that we may visit, nor the cost of any sustenance that you may take, or my overnight expenses if we are touring and I'm staying away from the Cotswold area. In which case (for example if we are touring the Lake District, Yorkshire, South East, England, Scotland, Ireland, etc) I charge an additional £160.00 per night for my B & B and an evening meal. I have an open and honest policy. Please read all my policies. There are no hidden extras!
3) When quoting.. Your tour time includes my journey time too and from your accommodation. (unless within the immediate area) I can meet you from virtually anywhere within the UK. NB. I work on a first come first served basis, I get busy during the season. If you are interested in booking please book early. If I am booked I will try and find an associate as a replacement for you to do your tour.
4) To secure and confirm your booking please send me all your Visa or MasterCard ONLY Credit or Debit card details & card holders full address. Most people send these details either split up in 3 or 4 emails, or by fax or telephone. I take no money from your cards until after your stay, I merely verify their validity. Please note any form of payment can still be used on settlement if preferred after your tour.
If booking through a third party. (Eg via an Agent). I require a 50% deposit on confirmation with the balance to be paid prior to the clients departure.. for this procedure I require in addition to the 16 figure number and the expiry date, the 3 figure security number, the card owners address, and their zip code.
5) Payment can be made by paying me in any of the following ways...Sterling Travellers Cheques, Cash In Pounds Sterling, or Bank to Bank “Swift and Iban” Please ask if you wish to pay this way and I will email you details of how to proceed.
Re non British Card Payment - Before travelling please inform your Bank that a foreign transaction will be taking place in the UK.
6) For tours booked in advance into the following Year a 40% non refundable deposit will be taken at the time of booking. A receipt and a "balance left to pay" amount will be sent to you at the time of booking.
GENERAL CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel at anytime, after you have confirmed your tour (this is after you have provided me with your card details). Firstly I would email you. I would then charge you at a rate of £85.00 for each day of your tour, to cover my time spent. NB. If you fall into the category as explained below. Re. “My Cancellation Policy” there may be additional cancellation charges.
MY CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your tour within 15 weeks of your start date, cancellation is at my discretion. Up to 65% of the quote will be charged. If I am able to rearrange another tour on your date / dates then a refund relating to the percentage taken will be refunded after the completed dates. Please note that my average lead time from bookings, to administering the tour, is in excess of 15 weeks, so this can mean that I am left without work if cancellations happen.
I thoroughly recommend that all my clients take out Travel Insurance.